Die Siedler von Catan - warum war es so erfolgreich?

• Klaus Teuber, Creator of the Board Game Catan, Dies at 70
    He created the strategy game about settling a new land in 1995. Millions of copies have been sold since then, and it’s played all over the world.
    www.nytimes.com

In dem Artikel in der New York Times ist auch ein interessantes Zitat von Klaus Teuber zum Erfolg des Spiels aufgeführt:

Last year, in an interview with Nikkei Asia, Mr. Teuber was asked why he thought Catan was so popular.

“There may have been a good balance between strategy and luck,” he said. “For example, roulette is only about luck, and chess is all about strategies. However, if you win in Catan, you think, ‘My strategy was good,’ and when you lose, you might think, ‘I was just out of luck.’ This is the same as life.”

Edit: Hier das volle Zitat aus dem Artikel:

Q: Why do you think Catan has become so loved all over the world?

A: There may have been a good balance between strategy and luck. For example, roulette is only about luck, and chess is all about strategies. However, if you win in Catan, you think, "My strategy was good" and when you lose, you might think, "I was just out of luck."

This is the same as life. For example, you need to spend efforts to get promoted, but sometimes you also need a bit of luck. The cards are given to each one's life, and there are always good ones and bad ones. It's up to you to decide how to play with those cards.

The other reason is that the land layout is changed every time, and you can feel like a new game whenever you play. Moreover, something is never destroyed during the game, and it is also a very friendly game. That's probably why Catan has a lot of female fans. In many games, about 80% of the players are male, but in Catan, it's half and half.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Lhynx ()