Beiträge von hildegunst im Thema „Assault on Doomrock“

So wie sich das vom Autor anhört, geht es bei den Spiel mehr um Strategie als um Taktik. Man muss quasi das große Ganze sehen, bei dem dann einzelne Dinge auch mal daneben gehen können. Naja, ich bin gerade bei den Regeln, die nicht gut geschrieben sind und das bei Version 4.0. :-/

Hier ist das Stetment des Entwicklers, der den Spielern konkludent den Vorwurf macht, zu schlecht zu spielen :-D. Liebe diese Emotialität und triggert mich schon, das Spiel zu schaffen.

"We've spent so much time playing these battles, similar to the ones on YouTube. As a result, all of the battles were consistently won, thanks to decent map upgrades and good decisions during the encounters. Therefore, I am a little tired of hearing statements about it being unbalanced, unwinnable, and so on. Not after all that hard work. The balancing was very aggressive, crafted by absolute experts in the game. I thought this is what Doomrock players expected. I'll stand by the notion that the Ultimate Edition can be won with much higher consistency than the previous version.

However, I've actually relaxed quite a bit since then when it comes to offering this level of difficulty without options. If I were to create this version again, I'd likely follow the same balancing process but not offer this aggressive difficulty as a default. I would give heroes more starting resources or more base HP. My point is, if you are new to the game or if you found this kind of experience unpleasant or annoying, please consider adjusting the difficulty settings. I've come to believe that it will result in a much more satisfying experience, especially for new players.

To all the hardcore and demanding players out there, I promise, the work with balance that we’ve done is really good. I just want everyone to have fun with the game though. Start easier and drop some of the bonuses with future playthrough, I guarantee that you will discover new ways to optimize and win with consistency.

General options:
    Give yourself a maximum of 7 HP and 7 HP at the start. The game components accommodate this.
    and/or
    Start with an extra 1 to x gold at the beginning of the game.
    and/or
    Begin with 1 Shield and 1 Heroism marker.

Beginner:
    Give yourself a maximum of 7 HP and 7 at the start.
    Start with an extra 4 gold at the beginning of the game.

Intermediate:
    Start with an extra 3 gold at the beginning of the game.

Almost a Hero:
    Start with an extra 2 gold at the beginning of the game.
    Begin with 1 Shield."

The difficulty levels will be reviewed and added to the errata.

Bei vielen scheitert es wohl daran, dass man aufgrund der Optik und des Witzes von einem leicht zu gewinnenden Spiel ausgeht. Das Gegenteil ist der Fall. Laut BGG gibt es mehrere, die noch nie das Spiel bis Akt 3 durchgezockt haben. Der Autor ärgert sich gerade, dass er den aktuellen Schwierigkeitsgrad, der sich wohl eher an "Die Nische" richtet, nicht als hard betitelt hat und zwei einfachere eingebaut hat. Die hat er aber bei BGG vorgestellt.. einfach umzusetzen.