Beiträge von repairmanjack im Thema „User stellen sich vor“

Hi everyone. I'm Jason. I'm a teacher and writer, living in exile, having moved from the UK in December 2018 to the southwest of Germany. I'm an avid board and video-gamer, self-taught guitar player, comedian, reader, film enthusiast, husband, dad and child at heart.

For the longest time I've been a solo gamer, although moving to Germany finally saw a game group come together - and I just enjoy playing whatever and whenever we can. I have a pretty broad range of tastes: mid-to-heavy euros; narrative adventures; dungeon crawlers; family games, etc. We're raising a daughter who's made her own way towards the hobby and we enjoy plenty of games together (her current favourite being the vastly under-seen Zoo Break).

I've been active on BGG for over nine years. Two years ago, I started writing reviews - under the name, "With a Deck of Fifty-One" - focusing on solitaire and co-operative gaming.

Despite being a speck of dust in our hobby, after a while I began to get requests from designers, publishers, and readers to create reviews of some competitive multiplayer games too. Given that some of my favourite games can only be played this way, it seemed silly to resist. And having a new game group certainly helps.

I signed up because a friend posted a link here to my most recent preview, for Lands of Galzyr, so I thought I'd introduce myself too.

I look forward to chatting to you. I'm learning German, but am very slow, so I apologise for posting in English. Hopefully being here will help my practice.

J