David Turczi „Junior“ Promo Pack für 8 Spiele

• Funding Start
    3. Oktober 2022

Hallo zusammen!

Anlässlich der kommenden Geburt seines ersten Kindes hat David Turczi eine Gamefound-Kampagne gestartet, in der er für einen 20€-Komplettpreis größtenteils neue Promos für insgesamt 8 seiner Spiele verkauft. (Vielleicht um damit die Elternzeit zu finanzieren?)

Turczi Junior Promo Pack by David Turczi
    My child is about to be born! To spread the joy with my friends and fans across all of boardgamedom, I have created 7 new promos for some of my games: Tekhenu,…
    gamefound.com

Über die Mechaniken ist noch nicht viel preisgegeben, nur die Liste der Spiele und die Namen der Promos sind bekannt. Es handelt sich um:

• Tekhenu: Warmth of a Cat (Mini Expansion)
    • Perseverance: Firstborn (Promo Adventure)
    • Imperium: Progeny (Promo Pack)
    • Voidfall: Stellar Nursery (Promo Tile)
    • Tawantinsuyu: Children of the Inca (Mini Expansion)
    • Vengeance Roll & Fight: Baby Boss (Promo Card)
    • Venice: Nursery (Promo Tile)
    • Trickerion: Secret Workshop (Reprint)

Es wird sich zeigen, wie interessant die jeweiligen Module sein werden oder ob es sich vorwiegend um thematische Gimmicks für die Komplettisten handelt. Je nachdem wie der Versand ausfällt wäre ich gewillt, mir das mit jemandem zu teilen. Ich hätte ausschließlich an den Promos für Imperium und Voidfall Interesse.

Nachtrag: ich habe jetzt erst gesehen, dass Shipping in den 20€ wohl inbegriffen ist, VAT aber nicht. Dann landet man bei einem Endpreis von 23,80€.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von verv ()

• Cool! Dann starte ich mal eine Liste:

Tekhenu Chris_oabling
    Perseverance UlliM
    Imperium verv
    Voidfall verv
    Tawantinsuyu Chris_oabling
    Vengeance Roll & Fight
    Venice
    Trickerion Gohor

Sobald die Kampagne läuft und ich eine definitive Idee über Inhalt und finalen Preis habe, werde ich mir überlegen, wie wir das genau machen können. Bei 23,80€ und 8 Promos ist ja der Preis für eine Promo bei ziemlich genau 3€. Wenn es nur Karten oder Tiles sind, sollte für Briefversand im Polsterumschlag nicht viel extra anfallen. Bei Tekhenu und Tawantinsuyu sieht es so aus, als könnten da Holzmeeples dabei sein. Je nach Umfang müsste das dann vielleicht in ein kleines Päckchen. Interessenten für die noch offenen Spiele nehme ich gerne auf.

• Ein kleines Detail aus den FAQ: lediglich bei Perseverance und bei Imperium werden die Promo-Karten mit den Karten des jeweiligen Spiels gemischt. Auch wenn sie sich bemühen, in Sachen Kartenqualität und Druck möglichst genau bei den Originalen zu landen, weißt Turczi dennoch darauf hin, dass diese Promos woanders und ohne Beteiligung des jeweiligen Verlags produziert werden. Dass sie am Ende 100%ig ununterscheidbar sind kann also nicht garantiert werden (wobei das bei Perseverance laut Turczi auch keine spieltechnische Relevanz hätte).

• Ich finde die FAQ der Kampagne MMEEGGAA - sehr lustig und lesenswert :D

Frequently Asked Questions

Can I get just the promo for [insert your favourite game's name here] separately? No.

I'm missing the "Sentry Post" promo for Anachrony that was included in Pocket Dragon. Can you help? It's available from the Mindclash Games webstore, in the "Anachrony - Promo Pack".

I'm missing the "Swarming" promo for Petrichor that was included in Pocket Dragon. Can you help? It's available from Mighty Boards webstore, in the "Petrichor CE Promos" pack.

I'm missing any other promo originally included in Pocket Dragon. Can you help? Sorry, no.

What's your most played game that you didn't work on? Glory to Rome.

How many copies of this promo pack do I need to buy for Noralie to let me choose the middle name of your kid? It is well known that I am shameless, Noralie however is not. But she agreed to open negotiations if you preorder half a million copies of the promo pack. :)

Are you sure I cannot get just the promo for [insert your favourite game's name here] separately? I'm really really sure you cannot. However, I am also relatively confident, that if you like any one of these games, you will enjoy at least 3 other games out of the 8, therefore it's probably wiser to just buy the promo pack and then go shopping for games. :)

Will the Stellar Nursery tile for Voidfall fit with my triple layered deluxe tiles? The promo tile won't have guild/installation slots or a population die space, so no "holes" are necessary. The tile will be 2.5mm thick, so it'll be a tiny bit too thick for retail copy owners, and a tiny bit too thin for deluxe copy owners, but should be playable with both.

What is your favourite colour to play with in board games? Yellow, obviously.

What is Noralie's favourite colour to play with in board games? Red, obviously.

How many copies of this promo pack do I need to buy to be allowed to pick what colour the kid will play in board games? How very outdated of you to ask. We will of course let the kid choose their own colour in due time.

Will I have issues shuffling the promo cards in with the real game? The only promos that need shuffling in with the real components are the Imperium cards and the Perseverance adventures, and in case of the latter being able to distingiush them honestly wouldn't matter. We will make every effort to get the card back and the card thickness as close to the originals as possible, but in case there is a minor variance please don't freak out - they're promo cards manufactured elsewhere (and certainly don't go complaining to the publishers for replacements, as they will surely kill me if that happens).

Are you doing the solo mode for Dominant Species? I'm doing the solo mode for every game ever. I thought you knew.

How do you make so many solo modes? Often at the same time! Well, it's mostly down to my two identical twins that I live a singular shared life with (fun fact, the Christopher Nolan move The Prestige is based on a book that was actually inspired by my diary of how I designed the solo mode of Trickerion with my twins), but my amazing team of solo mode creator/developer/testers help occasionally too.

Did you really misspell your own cat's name? No, Tunblebee's name is definitely spelt with an n, continuing a proud tradition from our previous cat, the famous Dunpling. Besides, everyone knows the galaxy is on Onion's belt, right?

Are you going to design child friendly games, now that you're having kids of your own? Yes. My entire business plan rests entirely on playing boardgames with Junior every weekend from their birth until the day I successfully design my own Codenames and then retire to a Caribbean island to play heavy euros forever and live from the money from the sales of the party game. Besides, kids need solo modes too, right?

When is Brass Duel: Isle of Wight getting published? Still no change on that front. It is still very unlikely to actually get published.

I'm a huge fan of [insert name of game], so I was thinking, maybe, could I just get those promos separately? I know you said I can't get the others separately, but that one is just [insert number of components]... Yeah sure, why didn't you say so before? Of course you can get them separately. ... Wait, no, just kidding. You cannot get any of the promos separately.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von bio1982 ()

• Ich hätte Interesse an Tawantinsuyu und Voidfall, aber das wäre dann ja Paket numero tres.

Wer Smilies nutzt, um Ironie zu verdeutlichen, nimmt Anderen den Spaß, sich zu irren.

Über den Narr wird nur so lange gelacht, bis man selbst Ziel seiner Zunge wird!

:jester:

• Ist bei einem Paket noch Trickerion & Voidfall verfügbar? Ansonsten würde ich wohl auch noch ein ganzes Pack backen oder haben wir schon 10 zusammen für den Gruppengruppenpledge? :lachwein:

Steht eigentlich irgendwo was davon, wann das Ganze verschickt werden soll?

• Hat noch jemand Voidfall oder Tawantinsuyu übrig?

Wer Smilies nutzt, um Ironie zu verdeutlichen, nimmt Anderen den Spaß, sich zu irren.

• Hat noch jemand Voidfall oder Tawantinsuyu übrig?

Tawantinsuyu wäre bei mir noch frei. Auch das Book Of Challenges mit dem Stoffbeutel aus der Loot Box, falls Dich das auch interessiert. Voidfall leider nicht.

• Dann würde ich das schon mal sehr gerne nehmen. Und suche dann noch (chancenlos) die Promo für Voidfall

• Dann würde ich das schon mal sehr gerne nehmen. Und suche dann noch (chancenlos) die Promo für Voidfall

Voidfall und Vengeance brauche ich nicht. Falls sich niemand meldet der beide möchte gebe ich das gerne an dich ab.

Ja, aber hallo, ich nehm definitiv die Promo für Voidfall!! Mit Vengeance kann ich leider selbst nix anfangen...

• verv

Hat das Label von Preview auf Funding geändert.
  • Ich bin ebenfalls mit dabei, daher starte ich auch mal eine Liste. Interessenten für die offenen Promos können sich gerne bei mir melden; first come first serve.

Vorab, die Trickerion-Promo besitze ich schon aus der Collector's Edition, wäre also bei mir verfügbar.

Ansonsten würde ich die Kosten so umlegen wie verv es in seinem Post beschrieben hat: Pro Promo 3€ plus tatsächlich anfallende Portokosten zu Euch. Natürlich vorausgesetzt, dass es bei dem Gesamtbetrag von 23,80 € bleibt.

Tekhenu: Warmth of a Cat (Mini Expansion) cirdan
    Perseverance: Firstborn (Promo Adventure) cirdan
    Imperium: Progeny (Promo Pack) cirdan
    Voidfall: Stellar Nursery (Promo Tile) cirdan
    Tawantinsuyu: Children of the Inca (Mini Expansion)
    Vengeance Roll & Fight: Baby Boss (Promo Card) smatke
    Venice: Nursery (Promo Tile)
    Trickerion: Secret Workshop (Reprint) smatke

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von cirdan ()